Name:

Hurcules aka the CAT

 

 

Location:

La Jolla, California

 

 

Hobbies:


Bathing Self

Catching Rabbits

Using the Litter Box


 

Archives:

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

November 2006

January 2007

February 2007

 

 

Previous Posts:

 

 

Feline Lover Blogs :

 

Carnival of the Cats

Knit Owl

Kitchen Mage

The Katz Meow Blog

The Cat Blogosphere

Mew

Cow Cats

Cats & Kittens

 

 
 
 
 
 

Monday, September 04, 2006

the circles


This little Hurc has been following me around ALL DAY. I understand and sympathise though. It is kind of nice to have him be affectionate and curl up in my lap. What I don't like is that about an hour ago he brought inside a HUGE dead rat. I mean this sucker was ENORMOUS. Ugh, I'm just glad that it was dead, I would hate to have to chase that thing around the house, or see it skittering around my closet or kitchen. The love of a cat, ah??

I deserve it though, what with locking him out of the house for whole week while I was off in Singapore. The neighbor lady fed him, she's kind of intense but nice. I can imagine he's freaking out pretty bad these past few days. We get home friday night, late, and then yesterday the RV gets parked outside our house to get packed up. Suitcases aren't his friend, I think he's beginning to recognize them. But it's not like we'd run off and let him loose to fend for himself. I'm not that kind of owner.

He's off again, this is his hunting time. I hope he doesn't go find another frikkin huge rat, or lizard. Sometimes I wonder about that cat... No claws, but extremely profficient in catching and killing rodents. Or playing around with them so that they leave trails of blood across the hardwood floor. Hurc's smart enough to know not to use the carpet though, that's a blessing.

Firefly @ 3:35 AM
|